Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I moved yesterday, out of my house which originally consisted of three roommates, into my parent's home in McCalla. It's going to be okay. My sister was kind enough to move into one of the upstairs rooms so I can use the basement which has its own entrance and is spacious. The only downfall to this is that the bathrooms are upstairs. I've considered using the bedside toilet I got when I broke my pelvis, but then I think, how lazy would I be if I did that?

The thing that's keeping me the most sane about the move is that it means I'm closer to Collin. It's only a 20 to 30 minute drive now opposed to an hour drive (45 minutes when speeding in the middle of the night).

The next best thing about this is that I don't have to worry about rent or utilities for the next four months! My parents are really great about treating me like an adult.

My dad leaned toward me at church this morning and asked, "When did you come home last night."

My reply was simply, "After you went to bed." (I arrived at 1:30 a.m.)

His reply, "Good answer."

Hopefully I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Valoree said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I guess I need to get in the modern days and get one, too. Someone would just have to teach me how :) Look forward to more post when you get off vacation. Congrats again! Love, val

Caroline said...

I can't believe I did not know you had a blog. I had to find out from Heidi Ho!
What's up with the name Ventingzebra?

Anonymous said...

Okay ventingzebra, that is the nastiest thing i've heard/read in a long time...laziest? try gross. oh but everthing else is cute and you didn't tell me about the star thing which is very collinesque :)- rcwo