Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Hunt For Red October

I've never even read that book, but when I started typing The Hunt for a Wedding Dress, that just came out. I've been looking like crazy and stressing myself out to try and find a dress. I fell in love with one that just happened to be $1650! A little expensive, I might say. Just a little over my price range. So, I went to a couple shops in town with no luck and I've finally given up on shops that do not carry dresses that already have sleeves on them. My first thought was to find something that was strapless and I could get sleeves put on, but I couldn't. They all have really low backs or whathaveyou.

I had just about thrown in the towel and said, "I don't care what the dress looks like, I'll let my parent's choose." But then, I found two modest dresses on discount. Both are under $500! And as luck would have it, there are two stores in Alabama that carry the line. One in Northport and one in Hoover. LUCKY! So my next stop is to these little shops to see if I can try them on.

My last complaint about wedding dresses is that they run small. You end up wearing two sizes bigger than your regular clothes size. That is the most depressing thing I've ever heard. I've worked hard to be a 10 and now I have to be a 14 on my wedding day?? So sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem. That's why it took me forever to get a dress. I couldn't decide if I wanted to just stick with a dress that was already modest (which the only ones I could find were online, and I hated the thought of buying a dress before I could try it on), or if I should just find a sleeveless or strapless one and get it altered, but it was hard to find one that was cut right or that would be easy to match fabric to, so it wasn't so obvious that it was altered. Caroline is right- it doesn't matter what size your dress is. What matters is how gorgeous you are going to look in it and how you are going to knock Collin off his feet! ;-)
-Debbie