Friday, September 22, 2006

The Longest Day

Yesterday was Collin's 24th Birthday! I wanted it to be perfect because he is always so thoughtful. So at 4 a.m., I woke up to make him breakfast (monkey bread, scrambled cheese eggs and fruit). I arrived at his house at 6 a.m. to wake him up. When I did, I said Happy Birthday, and in a sleepy voice, he said, Happy Bithday. It was funny. I said, No, it's not my birthday. Then he said, Oh, well, Happy Birthday to me. He was not awake yet. We ate breakfast together and I gave him his first gift, The Zac Brown Band CD he's been wanting.

Then off to work we both went. After I got out of school, I headed up to his house, where I gave him his second gift, Saturday Night Live DVD Trivia Game. We went to Carraba's for dinner. They gave us the best icecream I've had in a long time. It had some kind of Italian chocolate syrup on it! Yum! Then we headed to the concert. We got there and there were no seats, but we didn't want to stand, so to make the birthday boy happy, I went around asking people for extra chairs, and I came up with two. We sat directly in front of the band. The first band was too hard for both of us, but Crossfade delivered. We both had fun, despite I almost fell asleep during the last two songs.

All in all, he had a good Birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLIN!

WEDDING UPDATE: My mom is booking a caterer/florist and the Woodward Golf and Country Club for our reception!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good time. IT's about time you payed Collin back for all the great things he has done for you. J/K
Caroline

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I especially love how Collin reacted when you woke him up for breakfast... haha It's like when you say "you too" to someone at an inappropriate time, like your waiter brings you food and says, "Enjoy your meal!" and instead of saying "thank you," you say, "You too!" ;-)
-Debbie