Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Search for Crossfade

So I don't know how many of you heard, but I was on the radio to try and win tickets to a concert on Collin's birthday--that you cannot buy! Well, I didn't win the tickets, but it was fun anyway. I was determined to get these, though! So yesterday, I had off work and I heard 100.5 was going to be in Gardendale at Jack's, so Rebecca and I hop in the car and take off. We got there and there was no line! We just walked right up and got these suckers. I was going to wait until Thursday to tell Collin, but couldn't. He's excited, plus, there're more surprises Thursday for him. I can't believe he'll be 24--how old!? I'm the best fiance ever for busting my butt for these tickets! That, and I have incredible radio luck.

WEDDING UPDATE: I went by Woodward Golf and Country Club yesterday and looked at their ballroom as a possibility of having the reception there. It's great! Plus, there's a caterer who specializes in weddings at that country club who does everything! It's in Bessemer off Exit 113 on 20/59. Collin are going there this weekend to let him look at it and see if he likes! I just didn't like that Botanical Gardens is so hard to get in touch with, and the room at this country club is better...the outside building, not so much, but the inside...way better!

3 comments:

Valoree said...

Yea! I'm glad you got the tickets. Don't you just feel great when you get something for someone you love that you know they are so excited about! I was telling Chan about you on the radio and he said well if she doesn't get the tickets, they can always come watch my ballgame :) Tell Collin Happy Birthday. It's a good day to have a birthday :) Is that the place mom was telling me about that technically you are suppose to know someone who's a member there but it's really not a big deal? I think somebody in their ward had a reception there? Love ya!

Caroline said...

Yeah! I'm glad you got the tickets. So, what other prize did you win?

thomasheidisimpson said...

that is a great story! i will give you a call when i need tickets to something!