Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm Still Alive

I know all of you have been starving for another update of my “very exciting” life. (“very exciting” is subject to change and is the opinion of the author and no one else) Well, breathe easy, my friends, here are some updates…

I have been working at Norris Injury Lawyers for three weeks now. It’s going well, but the 40 hour work week is proving to be more tiring than I expected. On the upside, I love not working Saturdays and not having to worry about homework, projects, or tests when I get home. Everyone is super nice, and we are treated really well.

One of the most exciting parts of working full time is having paid time off. I’ve never had this before, and it just so happens that in less than two weeks, Collin and I both have President’s Day off. In celebration of this event, we are planning a quick trip to Gatlinburg. Collin’s never been. We’re planning on leaving right after work Friday, the16th and staying until Monday in a nice cabin. We’re so excited!

We still don’t have cable, so I am actually watching football, and the beloved basketball with Collin. It makes him ever so happy. Yes, I watched the Super Bowl. We went over to Kristin and Greg’s. There was a lot of good food. The game could have been a little more exciting, and the team Collin was going for (The Bears) lost. So, it was sort of a solemn event.

Other than that, we saw The Holiday for the second time. Go see it.

8 comments:

ivor1982 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thanaglim said...

well it's about time:) Our mail is being forwarded so it should reach us. If not we can just go check the mail when we visit Tuscaloosa next weekend. We are waiting until our anniversary to plan our weekend getaway and a "quiet" night at home for valentine's day I'm sure. I hope you have a fun, romantic time.

cleverscreenname said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lunar_dusk said...

Gosh, it's about time you write! It's like you're married and would rather spend time with your husband than blog! sheesh....yeah, I understand, which is why I blog while he's at work--you and your having a full time job.

Gatlinburg, our honeymoon spot! awww! yay for being married!

Valoree said...

Wow...it's good to hear from you. Glad things are going well. Ya'll are going to be the most traveled newlyweds (sp?) ever! Ok...how is it that you work at a law office and get President's Day off and I work at a bank and have to work?? Huh? Well, have fun!

Caroline said...

So glad things are going good for y'all. I miss you. Don't you just love being married?
Is Collin in school this semester? Have fun in Gatlinburg!

bovet11 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ventingzebra said...

Sorry Clint, I had to delete your comment for my own protection.

Val, I have no idea why I'm lucky enough to get off, I'm just grateful.

Caroline, I do LOVE being married, and no, Collin isn't in school this semester.

Everyone: I miss you all! But at least we have blogger to keep in touch.