Thursday, March 15, 2007

Chauffeur

But without the really cool car, and I don't open doors for Collin.

His car broke down Saturday as we were heading down to Tuscaloosa for James and Tara Carpenter's reception. Luckily, we had just left my parent's house, so my mom did a superman impression and saved the day.

The reception was tasteful. I wanted to wait and post until I had pictures to post, but I kept forgetting them, so I'll post a few later. We were actually invited to the sealing also, and it was the first time for us to witness a live one, other than ours, of course. It was really neat, and the spirit was very strong. They seem really happy, and really cute together.

The one car situation has good and bad points, well now that I think about it, just bad ones. We had plans to go to the beloved Mugshots with Kristin and Chase Layton, and Kristin promised us Godiva brownies! Oh, the chocolatey goodness! So, we had to cancel with them.

So all week, I've been taking Collin to work, and on Monday, we found out he got off at four that day. He was going to try and cross 280 on foot. I said no way and left work early to pick him up.
Wednesday, it turned out he had a meeting over in Riverchase from 2-4. He could get a ride there, but needed me to pick him up afterward, so again, I leave early to pick him up. Not all bad because I got to leave early two days, but still, it ate into precious vacation time!

We hope to pick up his car tonight if it's ready with a brand new radiator ($300-400). Oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, I did pass along the curse of cars on to him.

6 comments:

Thanaglim said...

I'm sorry of your car situation. Mark and I were lucky in that respect. We both worked downtown from 8 to 5 so no biggy to have one car AND now I don't work so he can have the car all day. Only downside....I get really bored sometimes. :(

lunar_dusk said...

OKAY! I'm going to yell at Clint. (and you, haha) because I asked him if anyone was getting married besides Elizabeth. "eh, no not really...besides Cole I guess." WHAT?!?! You and your not telling me things! So that's the yelling at you part. But yelling at him because I said, "what about that James?!" He says, "eh, no, not married, I dunno." GOSH!

I'm incredibly out of the loop. But I guess I haven't talked to Ashley since before her mission, but STILL! I'm happy for her!!! When is she getting married, who is she marrying?

ventingzebra said...

She's marrying this guy Matt, who I've only met once, but seems perfect for her. She's really happy, and FLERTY with him. It's crazy, in a good way. Sorry I didn't tell you about James, I forgot you knew him. Ashley's wedding is May 19th.

Thanaglim said...

wow...for some reason I didn't know Sarah didn't know Ashley was getting married...I guess she should yell at us all....

Valoree said...

I hate it when we have car trouble! It's such a pain. The curse lives on!

lunar_dusk said...

It's okay, it's okay. It's just sad being so far away. That's so cool that she is getting married though and that she's flirty! I'm very happy for her!