Monday, March 26, 2007

Perfect Weekend


This weekend was too perfect! Saturday, we decided to play tennis because we both needed to be more active, and our apartment complex has a nice court that no one ever uses. We had bought some cheap rackets and balls from Wal-mart about a week before. It was so much fun! We didn't keep score since neither of us had played in a long time, and we got a really good workout. We probably stayed out there for around 45 minutes, and then I swore I was about to die from heat stroke, and headed back to the apartment. Collin stayed and practiced basketball for at least 45 minutes more. I don't know how he stood the heat!

Then, we just lounged around, watched a movie on TV in bed, and got ready for dinner. We decided to go out to eat, and just started driving to find someplace not too packed. Suddenly I had the craving for Japanese, and there is a Kobe on 280 near us. Our plan was to pop in, see how long the wait was, and shrug back out when realizing it would be an hour, but we lucked out! We were seating right away with no wait, and served immediately. The food was to die for! Amazing and so much food!

After dinner we went to the dollar theater to see The Messengers. My sister, Valoree, had said it was good, and it was pretty good. Scary, suspenseful, and not too complicated. I hate the scary movies where you have to sit and talk about it for two hours before understanding it.

After the movie, we decided to go to the coveted Cold Stone Creamery. I hadn't been in over a year at least. My favorite ice cream made by Edy's Dreamery disappeared from the freezers at the local grocery stores, and I haven't been able to find a trace of it online or anywhere. And if you're wondering, yes, I'm obsessed about my ice cream! So, you can imagine how excited I was to discover Cold Stone's Peanut Butter Cup Perfection! And yes, it was truly perfection. We ate a quart in two days. And I want more.

If you have the time and the money to try this one (and you're as obsessed with chocolate ice cream like me) go asap. It only has 13 grams of fat per 1/2 cup!! But it is so worth it.

Sunday was just okay.

7 comments:

Thanaglim said...

That's wonderful for you...I was thinking that Mark and I needed to get out and go play tennis but we don't know how to really play...I'm one of those who like to just hit the balls against the wall or the tennis ball attached to the string :)

Valoree said...

Sounds like fun. The icecream sounds wonderful! And we know how you are about your icecream!

ventingzebra said...

Kim-Oh we didn't keep score or anything. We just went out and ran around. Our goal was to hit the ball back and forth as much as possible. Maybe one day we'll learn to play for real.

thomasheidisimpson said...

ice cream has become my diet staple. this is how is usually break it down:
ice cream=dairy
peanut butter chunks=protein
chocolate=anti-oxidants
waffle cone=member of the grain family
raspberry swirl-fruit group

lunar_dusk said...

I think Nate and I are going to get tennis rackets next month and start playing. He's afraid it's only going to last like 2 times so doesn't want to waste the money...but I'm determined! Sounds super fun!

Caroline said...

You crack me up! Going to play tennis to get some exercise nad then eating a huge dinner and icecream!
Y'all are so cute!
Y'all could always start training real fast and run the 5K with me and Chris on Saturday!

Thanaglim said...

are you on crack caroline? 5k...i think i'd die