Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Scaling Back

We had some gift cards from Bed, Bath, and Beyond left and decided to go get some new sheets (that were $20 more than the others we had, but not nearly as comfy!) While we were there, I decided it would be a good time to dump my old scale that I'd had for 7 years, and get a new digital one. It said on the box that it was within .5 lb accuracy.

I had clues from others that my scale was a bit "off." Friends would come over and complain that they were lighter on my scale than theirs at home, or they would get excited that they'd "lost" 5 lbs by stepping on mine and being surprised, and once again disappointed when they returned home. I knew I was lying to myself, but I wanted to believe what this "magical" scale displayed.

Stepping onto my brand new digital scale later at home, I braced myself for an added five lbs to what I'm used to weighing, but to my utter disbelief, my scale was actually 9 lbs off! After that realization, and the reminder of my tightening clothes, I believe it's time for me and Collin to scale back a bit on our food intake and dismay for exercise (at least Collin plays basketball once a week for a couple hours.)

My idea of exercise lately is trying to beat Donkey Kong Kountry 2-awesome game by the way!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

That is too funny! ALL scales are different. I was wondering when all the wedding and honeymoon stuff was going to catch up on you! If you and Collin work on it together it will be a lot easier! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't know what scale to trust. All three that I use, home, gym, and work, all say something different. Not 9 lbs different but different. Weight sucks! :)
Valoree

Thanaglim said...

oh my gosh yes are they off...I hate when I think I've lost weight and then check it again and it's like my scale knows or something because it mocks me...i can hear it.

thomasheidisimpson said...

first thing in the morning, naked(not even my watch or glasses), no food, no water. that's how i roll. don't even go near the cursed thing at ANY other time. that's my rule.