Friday, May 04, 2007

Last night Collin and I were set apart to be temple workers at the Birmingham Alabama Temple (pictured above). We were both shocked! The only people I've ever noticed to be working in the temple were older, and mostly retired. I just assumed that was one of the requirements. Apparently not. I'll be working in the office for some months, and after I get trained, I will be called as an Ordinance Worker. Collin got called as an Ordinance Worker already. The requirement is to work twice a month and they need me Thursday evenings, so I'll be heading there on the 1st and 3rd Thursday right after work (they need me there by 5 p.m., but I can't because I work full-time, so I'll get there when I get there I guess), and I'll be there until 10 p.m. Long day huh? Collin doesn't have a set schedule yet because he's uncertain what his new job will require of him as far as travel, etc. We'll give it our best and see how it goes I guess.

9 comments:

thomasheidisimpson said...

that would be the most awesome calling! how exciting for you guys!

Thanaglim said...

WOW! congrats! At least you'll know the endowment like out the butt man!

lunar_dusk said...

woah, that's crazy. I think that calling would make me nervous though!! cool. I guess you're still in nursery too though?

Caroline said...

Oh wow! I am shocked!
See what you get for saying you are bored!
No, really congrats-that is SO awesome! You will have some wonderful experiences!

cleverscreenname said...

"know the endowment out the butt"

Wow. That might possibly be awesome.

Thanaglim said...

well (cleverscreenname) at least they can say they took their talents and multiplied them...now they go to the pearlie gates and say look what I can do!

Valoree said...

I'm with you Ash, I thought it was only for older people. That's really cool though.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Ashley! I thought it had to be older people too. I guess they just usually have more time to commit to the temple. I was thinking how cool it would be to live in Birmingham so you could say "Hey, we should go to the temple tonight" and then just go. I wish I could go there while you were working one night, but we'll probably never make it down there on a Thursday night. Good luck! You'll be very blessed, and I bet you'll have the Spirit with you more than ever since you'll be going to the temple so often!
-Debbie

Elizabeth said...

wow, what a cool calling! totally jealous!