Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh yeah, Lifeguarding

Some of these might be redundant, and I've waited so long to finish this, it may not be worth reading. I mean, I'm already bored with it and I haven't even begun.

4. No clothes. You get to set around all day in a swimsuit. When I lifeguarded, I drove a car that didn't have air conditioning, so by the time I got to work, I had to jump in the pool before my shift to get cooled off. If I had had a job where you wore clothes, I think I'd either have died of heat exhaustion or gotten fired for looking way nappy.

3. Flexible uniform. The swimsuits I wore were stretchy so they were never too tight or anything, just adjusted if you gained or lost a few pounds. Very flexible and comfortable uniform (Speedo or TYR were my favorite).

2. Self-pride (not the bad kind). I loved and still love talking about how I used to be a lifeguard. It gave me a sense of pride to be like, I can save lives if I need to, and I sit in the sun for money. I thought it was cool anyway, even if you don't think so :)

AND NOW THE NUMBER ONE REASON LIFEGUARDING IS THE BEST JOB EVER: Rubbing it in peoples' faces that you are so much more tan than they are, and sitting around a pool all day, and going home after a shift, taking a shower, and going out with your friends and that feeling on your skin after you've been in the sun. It was good times :)

5 comments:

Thanaglim said...

yeah, i didn't notice the other post was stopped at 5...you could move to Hawaii and get a job as a lifeguard :)

Caroline said...

That definately sounds like the best job ever!

ventingzebra said...

I wish I could move to Hawaii!

lunar_dusk said...

Yeah, Hawaii would be awesome! Sometimes it's nice to think back on cool things in high school/college and miss it. But I'd rather be married! wooohoooo

Thanaglim said...

yeah, being married is cooler cause you get to have *cou-sex-gh* but it would be better in Hawaii. ;)

You can delete this if you wish.