Friday, August 24, 2007

I know it's a little premature, but I am so ready for October. It's gotta be my favorite month. It starts to get cool and of course there are always scary movies on tv 24/7. Collin and I have vowed to get cable before October so we can watch as many as we wish!

Over the past few weeks we've been going through a bit of bad luck with my car and my stupidity. If any of you reading wear contacts and sleep in them, DON'T. I've been sleeping in mine for the past 4 years or so, and it finally caught up with me. I developed an ulcer on my right eye, which I did not know could be a result of sleeping in contacts. It's a lot better and hopefully after my check-up tomorrow, I'll be wearing contacts again. I need to check into Lasik.

The worst part of all that is that for some reason when your eye heals from an ulcer, it changes the vision in that eye drastically. I walked in the eye office a week ago with -3.5 vision. They had to update my glasses to -4 on Monday, and now that prescription is already too weak for my eye. I imagine it'll have to be updated to -4.5. I really hope it doesn't go all the way to -5.

I'm aware I never posted a picture of my haircut. I've been very busy. It's already grown out 3 weeks worth and to me doesn't look as cute as I thought at first. I'm still keeping up straightening it every day. Maybe one day I'll get around to putting a picture up.

6 comments:

lunar_dusk said...

ewww, ulcer on eye sounds gross. Sort of like the herpes I had on my eye. Now, my contacts are made specially to wear 24/7 up to 30 days. My doctor told me to take them out once a week for a night though....but that's scary, were yours specifically for all night wear? -5 is nothing. Try 8.0!!! Stupid being blind and its sucking. Lasik would rock....

Thanaglim said...

I never enjoyed sleeping in my contacts and I'm surprised that you didn't have an ulcer before now. I had Lasik in October of 2004 or 5 I know if was after Mark and I were married. I love it. There are some side effects for some people. For me, although I can see well, my eyes tend to be drier than before and I noticed my night vision isn't what it used to be but not to a point that I can't drive at night. Some people have worse reactions but those are few and far between. Lasik was the greatest invention ever.

ventingzebra said...

Wow. -8? That IS blind. No, my contacts were not specialty so I was supposed to take them out every night, but I definately need to look into that 30 day thing. And Kim, it just became a habit out of laziness. I'm scared if I do get Lasik something will go wrong, eh.

Jared and Debbie Mayfield said...

oh man, that sounds horrible! I can't imagine having an ulcer on my EYE! I don't really like sleeping in my contacts so I take them out every night, and now I am very glad. I think Jared may sleep in his a lot though. I will have to warn him. I'm -3 in one eye and -4 in the other, and I thought I was blind! I hope your eye gets better soon!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I guess I am blessed. No glasses yet. Although both of my parents are practically blind, so it's coming. I think I will be a glasses wearer. I prefer them. I know, I am weird, but I like them.
October IS my favorite month! Man, I had to hold myself back from buying these pumpkin lights at Sam's club. I am going to have a Halloween party for all my cousins kids. I am excited!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't even stand my contact by the end of the day! That is probably my favorite thing to do when I get home for the night is to take them out! I hate the way they feel after I take a nap in them so I can only imagine a whole night's sleep. Yea for October and cooler weather. I love the way it smells outside and just that feeling of football season and fall activities!
Valoree