Thursday, August 02, 2007

Me too!

So it seems now is the time for chopping off unwanted, scraggly hair. Not that Valoree's or Heidi's hair was scraggly, but mine sure was. I see both have posted pictures of their newly trimmed locks.

I myself cut my hair a little over a week ago. I'd wanted to do it for a while seeing as how my last haircut was cutting close to 6 months ago, but the actual act was spontanious.

You see, I was sitting at work when one of my co-workers announced that each employee (and their photograph!) is in the computer system we use in the office. Of course, I looked myself up, and what I found is a terrible picture of me with horrible, horrible hair! Check it out:



This was on the day I interveiwed for the job. I have so many fly-aways, I'm surprised I wasn't levitating. Also, my first thought was, "I can't believe they hired someone with that hair."

One of my co-workers attempted to comfort me and tell me it was the camera, that my hair doesn't actually look like that, but I just couldn't get that image out of my mind, so that afternoon after work, I went straight to Super Cuts and chopped off probably a good four inches. The good/bad thing is it's too short to wear it curly, which forces me to blow dry and straighten it every day. It's not as time-consuming as I once thought, however. Hair is much easier to straighten when it's short.

Maybe I'll post a new picture soon. Until then, rest easy knowing I no longer sport this "style," if you can even call it that.

Oddly enough, a lot of people haven't even noticed I got it cut because I so often wore it in a poneytail. After seeing this picture, thank goodness I pulled it back, I could've frightened small children with that birds nest! I'm surprised a bluebird never tried to lay in egg in my frock.

10 comments:

hautemama said...

same with me. yesterday at church i thought more people would notice my shorter hair, but then i realized that i ALWAYS had it in a bun or a ponytail!
i can't wait to see the new look!

lunar_dusk said...

lol, see people noticed my haircut BECAUSE I always wore it up--they were like, woah, your hair isn't up! I mean, kindergarteners were in awe of my haircut. Gosh--pay attention to something else besides your music teacher's stupid hair. Yes, you must post the new haircut soon--and yes, I too thought it would be too time consuming to fix my hair, but alas, it takes 10 minutes.

Thanaglim said...

i didn't think it looked bad but we are our worst critics.

I want to see it!!! I saw Valorees and I thought it was cute

Valoree said...

Your hair does not look bad in that picture! The great thing about my hair is I can wear it straight or curly and it looks cute both ways. I'll have to post a curly picture of it sometime. Can't wait to see yours!

Caroline said...

Okay I am laughing outloud in my room by myself!!!!!!!! You are too funny! Your hair DOES NOT look bad in that picture! You are hillarious!
I can't believe not many people noticed-it is really cute. Kinda makes you look younger. Why is it too short to wear curly?

ventingzebra said...

Caroline- I guess I haven't really tried to wear it curly since I've gotten it cut, but I just think it will draw up too much. I'll give it a try and see how it looks, but for now, I'm just glad it doesn't take as long to straighten.

Jared and Debbie Mayfield said...

Had you already gotten your hair cut when we saw you at the soccer tournament? I guess I didn't notice because you were wearing it straight and because I haven't seen you in a while, so for all I knew, you could have gotten it cut months ago! It looked good though, and I don't think it looked bad in that picture either. I laughed at this post though because I feel the same way about my hair. I was tired of it being long, so I cut it. Then I liked to straighten it for a while, but now I've gotten tired of that, but I don't really like how it looks curly right now either. Girls and their hair!! haha

Thanaglim said...

um....you gonna post your new hair but or what?

ventingzebra said...

chill. I don't have internet at home. I'll do it when I find the time.

Thanaglim said...

haha i said hair but