Wednesday, September 12, 2007

House

Collin and I are buying our first house. We put in an offer Monday night, they accepted Tuesday, and now I'm just getting all the paperwork ready to close Oct. 30th. Our lease isn't up until Nov. 30th, so we'll have a whole month to paint, clean really good, and move in little by little. That's the plan anyway. We'll see how much the King and Queen of Procrastination actually get done before our lease is up. Here's the house:


It's a brighter red in person, and while it broke my heart that the owners chose this color the first time we saw it, it grows on me more and more each time. It's a brick red of sorts. We plan to eventually (depending on how long we stay in it) put siding on it, or at least paint it a more neutral color.

It's 3 bedrooms, 2 bath with a split level entrance, and a laundry room and bonus room in the basement, and a one car garage. I'm very excited about decorating and painting the inside because Rebecca (my interior design friend) has promised to help me.

On other news, Collin has an obsession with taking pictures of me when I sleep. I always fall asleep before him and wake up to him laughing and showing me the pictures he took the night before. As he said this morning, "You sleep in the cutest positions." Maybe I'll share them one day. Last night when I fell asleep on the couch, instead of waking me up and telling me to go to bed, he took 3 to 4 pictures of me, left me and went into the bedroom to watch TV.

7 comments:

lunar_dusk said...

I think I might have to beat Nate if that happend, lol. I always fall asleep before him, especially lately. AT least he thinks your cute?!

Caroline said...

I can't believe my baby is buying a house! Congratulations! I can't wait to see it. It will be awesome if Rebecca gets her hands on it!

Sorry, but that is kinda wierd about the pictures thing.

cleverscreenname said...

yeah, house!

Thanaglim said...

Yeah that's weird. Mark used to stare at me all the time, what he would refer to as "I'm just taking you all in" and I was like "yeah but you're being creepy." He doesn't do it anymore.

Debbie said...

Congrats on the house!!

Well, maybe the picture taking thing will come in handy one day... like when you have kids, you can actually be in some of the pictures instead of being the one who always takes them all! :-)

Debbie said...

Tag- You're it! Check out my blog

Anonymous said...

I like the red color of the house. But then again, I just like the color red! Very exciting times. But, I have to say that I believe Richard Morgan is the reigning King of Procrastination!
Val