Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Daughtry, Freddy Krueger and Ballers Win

We had a busy, very interesting weekend. Friday night (after it taking an hour and a half to drive home because of wrecks on every interstate all over Birmingham), we went to Tuscaloosa for the Daughtry concert. It was a lot better than I expected. I knew most of the songs, and Chris is really a great performer with a fantastic voice, who knows how to work a crowd. Our seats weren't great, but it was still fun. We went with Caroline, Mary and some of Mary's in-law relatives.

The Laytons (who had 6th row seats-LOSERS!) were kind enough to let us crash at their place and we didn't go to bed until 4 a.m.! I can't remember the last time we stayed up that late, but it was a lot of fun.

Saturday I went shopping and we were invited to the Sprayberry's to watch the pay-per-view Alabama game (that we barely won by the way). It was good to see the Morgans there too, and I loved being around my nieces and nephews even though they run away from me when I try to talk to them.

That night, Collin just had to go to Atrox because Robert Englund (the man who played Freddy Krueger in all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies was there. We drove there straight from Tuscaloosa and waited in a 2 1/2-hour line and bought a $25 photo for him to sign before being able to meet him. He would only sign one thing even though we went through a lot of trouble to get the 1st movie and other photos to get signed, but he did allow us to take about 4 pictures with him. He wasn't dressed up in the costume (Thank Goodness!) and was just a nice, older man. I complained most of the time.

Sunday was conference, and Monday the Ballers won their last game, making them 7-0, undefeated! The score was 51-41. GO BALLERS! We were all a little shocked they won because the team they played against was a good one. Collin is ecstatic, and hates he will miss two of the tournament games due to being out of town on a business trip.

I have pictures of all that stuff, but I won't promise to post them. I'll try to remember and find time though...

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a fun trip, and I think I would've complained the whole time I was standing in line. In fact, I wouldn't have stood in line, but I am a loser like that.

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you Sat, too. Yeah, I wouldn't have stood in line for that either but what a good wife you are to do that for your husband.
Valoree

Ashley said...

Yeah, the things you do for the man you love...

Debbie said...

haha... I don't know.. I think I might have wanted him to be dressed up in the Freddy Krueger costume if I was going to go through all that trouble.

That's awesome that you guys got to see Daughtry! I didn't know they were performing in Tuscaloosa.

Caroline said...

I had fun at the concert too! Congrats to the Ballers!