Tuesday, October 23, 2007

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came...

Around 5 p.m. Saturday night we decided to go see Phantom of the Opera. It was a very last minute decision seeing as how we didn't have tickets and the show started at 8 p.m. We called ahead to make sure there were tickets available, went to dinner at a new restaurant (always fun to try new places) and picked up tickets at the box office 1/2 hour before the show started.

It was fantastic! I'd seen the movie and heard the popular songs, but there's just something about seeing it in person with live people singing and the stage transforming from a rooftop to a riverboat scene, that's unbeatable. Our seats weren't great, but they weren't bad either.

I've been singing my favorite songs in my head all week, and have been listening to the soundtrack in the car. If you haven't seen it, and have the opportunity, take it! It's worth every penny!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

That is awesome that y'all got to go to that!
I agree, it is neat to see something live. Me and Sydney and Chris's mom went to CATS last year and it was so cool to see that performed!

Thanaglim said...

that's cool, i've been wanting to see it, i'm glad you guys went

Anonymous said...

I just about laughed out loud at the thought of me and Richard going to see that! Can you imagine...anyway...cool for ya'll, though.
Valoree

Elizabeth said...

AWESOME! Love it love it love it. I grew up wanting to play Christine. Alas, I am too tall. :) Have the voice, but WAY too tall.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for your note! I actually got a phone call today, so maybe things are looking up. :)