Saturday, December 01, 2007

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!




Today, Dec. 1, 2007, I woke up reluctantly, yet a little excited because so much was SUPPOSED to be happening today.

Collin and I went downtown to attend the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis. It was paid for by my company, and we "jogged" the 1-mile Fun Run. Caroline and two of her friends were there as well, but they did the 5K.

We hurried home because AT LAST we would received DirecTV between the hours of 12 Noon and 4 p.m. I was asked to come over by our neighbors to see their Christmas decorations and ended up being there for quite some time learning about them and our other neighbors.

When I came back home, Collin informed me DirecTV called and they wanted to talk to me. I called them back and they said they wouldn't be able to handle the service today and we needed to set up another time. I explained that we would be out of town for the next 6 Saturdays in a row and that we didn't have time to take off work and sit at home for 4 hours or longer waiting for them to show. After speaking with the Supervisor, he assured me that when they come out during the week, they will call Collin and give him notice so that he can leave work and be at the house when they come out, BUT the earliest available date is Tuesday.

I yelled some more telling them I wanted service today, with no results.

Also today we are supposed to be receiving the refrigerator we ordered from HH Gregg. They delivered the wrong one Tuesday, were supposed to come Wednesday with the right one, didn't, said they would come Friday, didn't, said they would come Saturday around Noon, and THEN called and said they are coming between 5 and 7:30 p.m!

I also called Schaffer Eye Center because I dropped my eye glasses off with them 3 weeks ago to get new lenses put in. I never received a call back. Today, I called because my poor eyes need a break from the contacts, and they said they don't have any record that I ever dropped them off, and that they would have to "investigate" it and call me back on Monday!

AND we contacted a plumber to install a water line in our kitchen for the ice maker and he said he'd call Friday night, but didn't. And he still hasn't called.

And this one isn't that bad, but it's just the icing on the cake:

For weeks I've known I had a coupon for a buy one get one free at Zaxby's, which is the only fast food place close to where we live. We've been going there a lot, forgetting the coupon. So last night, I finally remember it, we go in, and the manager says he can't take it.

It was from one of those "Enjoy the City" coupon books. He said because the "Lee Branch" location was not printed on the back of the coupon, he couldn't take it. Get this though, the coupon is good until Dec. 2008 and that coupon was printed before the "Lee Branch" location was even opened. Just take the coupon! For the love of pancakes!

So, yeah. Mad....

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Girl, my goodness! I don't blame you for being mad. That is just absolutely ridiculously crazy. As I read on, I kept thinking, surely there is nothing else, but it kept going! Feeling for you!

lunardusk said...

yuck! I sort of feel ya on the direct tv. They assured me they'd be here between 8-12 which was good since I had to work at 1....they left my house at 5, I ended up feeling sick and staying home anyways, but I was mad. The other stuff just sucks. Doh!

tracyp said...

I have had may share of those days but my heart still goes out to you, good news is that hopefully all the crap happened at once and you can move forward now....

Debbie said...

The old saying "when it rains, it pours" is definitely true. Even if they aren't major things, when you have so many things go wrong at the same time, it just makes it exponentially worse. I hope everything gets better for you!

Valoree said...

Wow! I heard you telling people bits and pieces of this yesterday at mom's but I had no idea it was that involved! Bless your heart! Maybe things will be smoother from here on!:)

Richard said...

What a crappy day and oh yeah I have a blog now, even though I hate them

Caroline said...

Oh wow! that is amazing that all happened! This is the time when you ask yourself, "what am I doing wrong?" Hope things turn around for you!