Monday, January 21, 2008

Let it Snow!


Collin and I were just SURE it would snow in Gatlinburg. All the weather stations were saying it would, but it didn't. You know where it did? Alabama! It figures. I think it was for the good though because our cabin was really high and we probably would have gotten stuck up there if it had snowed or if the roads had iced.

We had a nice, relaxing weekend. Our cabin was beautiful, and it had a great view! We walked around Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but didn't really do any attractions. We spent the majority of our time putting good use to the pool table, dart board, air hockey table, hot tub, jacuzzi tub and sauna, in our cabin. We also played many hands of cards.

I've decided that most of those attractions are money pits and aren't worth going through for free, much less for a $25 admission price. I wondered why people like it there so much, and then I realized, they come for the view! And that's when I hunkered down and enjoyed our cabin ammenities and view of the mountains.

Pictures possibly to come, but you know me :)

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like fun!
I definately thought about you when it was snowing here! Hate you missed it! It was awesome!
Good luck at your first day of work!

Valoree said...

I didn't even know ya'll were going to Gatlinburg! Do you ever just stay home? :) You always promise pictures but never deliver!

Richard said...

You are so right about the attractions, they are a waste. Glad you guys had fun, wow you guys travel! You are one crystal ball short of being a gypsey!

Alicia said...

I miss you Ashley!!! Hope you are liking your new job!!!

Alicia said...

I miss you Ashley!!! Hope you are liking your new job!!!

Debbie said...

i'm with valoree and richard.. you guys sure do travel a lot... sounds like FUN!