Saturday, March 29, 2008

Where Art Thou Hair?

I recently got my hair cut and asked the hairstylist to cut it in a particular way. Throughout the explanation process I said, "Make sure it still hits my shoulders." And right before she began cutting, she said, "This will be a lot of length. Are you sure you want to do this." My reply, "As long as the front hits my shoulders." This picture is on Easter. Does this look like it's hitting my shoulders?

I've gotten a lot of compliments, and I've come to like it, but it's a pain to get it really straight. Below is a picture from almost two years ago. It's the longest I can ever remember my hair being. What a difference! So should I keep it short for a while, or grow it back out?


Oh and I told Collin he can rest easy. The stylist said my hair was very healthy. Not damaged at all!

12 comments:

Caroline said...

oh wow! You look goregous both ways! Lucky you!

heidi said...

love the new cut. a breath of fresh (h)air.
i think in stylist-speak, if your hair could possibly/maybe/almost touch your shoulders if you scrunched them up high, that means that did their job. at least in my experience.

lunardusk said...

I really like it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the new cut but of course it looks good long, too. I love your dress!
Val

Thanaglim said...

looks good

Elizabeth said...

WOW!!! I like it! No, it definitely does not look like it is touching your shoulders.

And I am SO glad to know that your hair wasn't damaged.

tracyp said...

You look so good! I love the dress you're wearing. As good as your hair looks short I LOVE it long.

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone. You're too sweet :)

Elizabeth said...

btw, you two are SUCH a cute couple!!

Debbie said...

haha.. I'm glad Collin can rest easy now! I finally saw that commercial the other day and thought of you guys. I know it's a pain when they don't do what you ask them to do, but I think your hair looks fabulous! I'm usually a fan of long hair, but your hair looks great short. If you can work it both ways, then you should wear it short for a while, then grow it out, then cut it again... It's always nice to have a change. I hate having my hair short, but it gets on my nerves after having it long for a while (and it gets really tangley- and damaged!), so I tell myself it's worth it to cut it if I do it for Locks of Love.

Debbie said...

btw, that's a great picture of the two of you!

Jeni said...

Keep it short...SO cute, and you and Valoree look a WHOLE lot alike in this picture, which is a great picture, btw!