Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Busy

Wow. Have we been busy. I so need to begin writing in my book again. I’ve gotten to three chapters and 10,000 words and thought, wow, I’m really making some progress, but then life just got too hectic.

I’ve been asked to become an ordinance worker at the temple (for those of you who may not know, I have been an office worker there for the past year). I am also knee-deep in camp fundraising and planning, and have asked to be a temporary Sunday school teacher for the CTR-5 class at church.

In planning the fundraiser for Girls Camp, I’ve learned that I really need to work at not procrastinating, especially when it involves other people’s plans, and also that even though I have procrastinated, Heavenly Father has still helped me pull it all together. It really is all coming together remarkably well after all the times I’ve put it off, and I am grateful for that.

I also realized this past week while working at the temple that I care more about what church members think of how I’m doing at my callings than what Heavenly Father thinks. I really need to shift my focus there and hopefully it will help me out a lot.

Collin also has three callings: ordinance worker, Elders Quorum Teacher, and Scouts Leader.

Work has been really hectic for Collin. It seems like every week he is on the pager shift at night or on late shift (he’s working 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. this week.) His job is also considering changing the work week to four 10-hour days. His off day would be Wednesday so he’s thinking if he has the option to keep his current schedule he will.

I’m currently obsessed with Mongolian beef. We went to PF Changs a few weekends ago and theirs is absolutely amazing. I got a recipe from a friend and need to try it soon!

I’ve also been on Weight Watchers again. This week is my 6th. I’ve lost a total of 8 pounds so far. Collin continues to tell me how proud of me he is, despite his bringing home three 1/2 –gallons of Blue Bell ice cream home last night because they were on sale!

Collin’s basketball league starts back Monday, the 14th. Luckily all the games will be at a high school that’s both close to our house and both our jobs. It should be fun and I’ve really missed some of the people we see at the games. I’ve been meaning to call them since October, but just keep putting it off.

Other than those updates, Collin and I are looking forward to visiting Tuscaloosa the 19th and 20th to see my nephew, Colt’s blessing, Memorial Day weekend and our beach trip with my family in June.

8 comments:

cleverscreenname said...

Yes, you do need to keep writing in your book.... I want to know what happens next...or first....

Anonymous said...

Whew...that made me tired just reading it. Sounds like some of my days! Looking forward to spending some time with ya'll next weekend and I hope the beach thing works out for us!
Valoree

Mike said...

How fun! I'd love to work at the temple. They wouldn't let us up here, my bishop said they prefer older people and then we had Isabel so we couldn't. So yes I'll covet your job at the temple. You guys really are so busy! What kind of fundraiser are you doing for girls camp?

Ashley said...

We're selling Hershey's candy bars. They seem to be selling like crazy at the girls' schools, so I think it'll be a success. I guess their short-handed with older people in the Bham, AL temple area because they are calling young people like crazy to the temple. They call pregnant women, women with children still at home can work in the office now, and tons of young couples who don't have children yet. When we were called a year ago we were literally the first, or at least one of the first young couples at the temple. Now, there are tons.

Debbie said...

Wow! You guys ARE busy! I hope everything goes well with your book, camp, working at the temple, and everything else.

What are you afraid people are thinking about you in the temple?

Caroline said...

Thanks for the update! If you think you are busy now, just wait till you have kids! Crazy! Are you staying in T-town Saturday night? If you don't already have plans do you want to stay with us? That's great that you are still helping with camp even when you can't go!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MONGOLIAN BEEF!!!! IT IS AMAZING!!!! MMMM... Can't wait for you guys to come this weekend!
-Kristin

Brittany & Noah said...

Hey Girl!
I just wanted to say You're hair looks Gorgeous! You are looking Amazing as Well!
You do sound like you have alot on your plate these days, I hope you maintain that focus and keep on chuggin along...
What ward are you in in B'ham?