Monday, April 28, 2008

Zac Brown Band

Saturday night Collin talked me into going to Workplay to see Zac Brown Band. We saw them once before in Tuscaloosa when they opened for Sister Hazel, and while they aren't my usual taste in music, I enjoyed them. They are extremely entertaining live. I bought the CD for Collin for his Birthday before we were married, and we both agree the CD isn't anything like listening to them live.

They are a mix between rock and country, and the guy (2nd from left) is awesome on the fiddle! One of the reasons Collin had to talk me into this is because I generally don't like concerts. They are crowded and I don't like standing that close to people for 4 hours or longer. Workplay is a great venue though because they have tables you can sit at and watch the concert. Unfortunately, we got there only 20 minutes before the opening band started and were forced to stand. What Collin promised would be an hour show turned into a 3 1/2 hour event. We didn't get home until close to 1 a.m. and I still had to prepare my primary lesson for church the next morning.

As you can imagine, I complained most of the night. Collin enjoyed it because it "was different from what we normally do." I think I would have enjoyed it more if 1) they had played The Devil Went Down to Georgia 2) there weren't so many annoying drunk people 3) we'd gotten a seat 4) I could have slept in the following day.

Because I love Collin so much we are going to Workplay again tonight to see Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. We WILL get a table tonight. Trust me.

Also, we had a great time last weekend in Tuscaloosa visiting friends and family. I wish I could see them all more often!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I used to LOVE concerts, but I guess I'm getting old now. We used to always go to the Big Spring Jam here in Huntsville, which is like City Stages in Birmingham, but I don't even care to go and stand up the whole time in a huge crowd anymore. I would much rather sit and listen to someone.

Anonymous said...

What a trooper you are. I agree, that does not interest me at all anymore. I used to love to go. You'll just have to make Collin do something he wouldn't really want to do:)
Valoree

Caroline said...

What a sweet wife you are!

Ola said...

Good post.