Thursday, May 29, 2008

Roller Coaster Wedding

Those of you who know me know I don't like to make fun of people, and those of you who know me REALLY well know just how big a lie what I just typed is. With that said, check these photos out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/holidayworld/sets/72157605229704922/

What...a...strange...couple. They met on eHarmony.com. All I can say is good for them for finding each other.

Yes, he has pink hair and a green beard. Yes, they got married on a roller coaster. And, yes, Elvis officiated the wedding!

Now the funniest part about this is the first thing we did when we entered the park was go eat dinner (I was starving after a 9 hour drive!). When we entered the room, the first person I saw was the groom. I had no idea at the time they had just gotten married. They were in shorts and t-shirts at this point. I just couldn't get over his hair.

Because he stood out so much, we noticed him the whole time we were there. We also thought someone had gotten married there because there were "Congratulations" signs everywhere, and made fun of "whoever that couple is" the whole time. Collin ended up seeing this story on the news after we got back home.

I thought the whole thing was retarded. Collin thought it was awesome. I'm just glad they found each other, and I can't believe any woman would agree to get married that way. Good for them.

5 comments:

Thanaglim said...

a woman would agree to get married that way? yeah first did you really look at her and second i don't think it'd be thaaaat bad think of it this way...they took the plunge.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that's crazy. I told that to my roommate (who is engaged) and she thought it was awesome. I think she would be the kind of girl who would consider doing that if she wasn't Mormon.

Debbie said...

oh my gosh! that's hilarious! that's funny that you guys were there when they got married, too.

Anonymous said...

I think Collin would have been all over that.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking that it sounded like something you 2 roller coaster crazies would do! :)
Valoree