Thursday, August 07, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Don’t worry. I am not going to spoil this book for you if you haven’t already read it. I’m merely posting to say I am both glad to see how the series ended, and sad because the characters have been part of my life for several months now. After I finished, I literally wanted to crawl inside the book and live there.

The book hit shelves Friday, August 1st at 12 midnight. I went to Books A Million with several other people to join in the events they had going on. They had a face painting booth. I got my fingernails painted black and they put dark circles under my eyes with makeup. To top it off, they put fake blood on my neck, making it look like a vampire bite.

They also had a trivia contest, which I didn’t participate in, but still received a nice DVD about the series because I was on the winning team. They had a costume contest, but I didn’t even go over to that area because it was a prom theme. I did, however, have on a T-shirt proudly displaying the fact that I was on Team Edward. It was a friend of mine's idea and they turned out great.

Now all I have to look forward to is the movie coming out in December! I absolutely cannot wait! And, of course, Midnight Sun. I have seriously not ever been this obsessed about a book before. I don’t know what to do with myself.

If I have time, I’ll try to post pictures of the t-shirt I wore along with my Vampire Ashley picture. Oh, by the way, I got the book at 12 midnight, read 4 hours Saturday, about 8 hours Sunday and 3 hours Monday after work to finish this 750 page book. It was well worth the time and effort. Definitely not my favorite of the series, but you know, still worth it. All I can say about my weekend is, poor Collin.

3 comments:

Thanaglim said...

i still have to get the last one but it'll have to wait until payday

Caroline said...

Oh I can't wait to read it! I know I will also miss the characters, they just seem so real. That is truly a good author who can make you want to jump into the book! She is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I have not read these yet. I just don't know if it's something I would get into. Everyone seems to love them though. I can't wait to see the picture of vampire Ashley!
Valoree