Friday, September 26, 2008

Collin's Birthday

Collin’s 26th Birthday was Sunday so Saturday night we went to our favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot, which was really a gift to both of us. Collin wore a shirt and tie his Mamaw sent him. Our 19-year-old waiter guessed Collin was 28 or 29. After I threatened him with a bad tip, he guessed I was 21!


Sunday was Collin’s actual birthday so I bought him a cookie cake, an Alabama t-shirt, lots of candy and am getting him a basketball goal for the driveway, but he hasn’t picked out the one he wants yet. We had friends over Sunday night for cake, ice cream, and games. It was a lot of fun.

Happy 26 Collin! Fun trivia: my nephew, Chandler’s birthday is the same day as Collin’s and he is exactly half Collin’s age: 13.

Happy 13 Chandler!

4 comments:

tracyp said...

You both look so cute!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Collin! It looks like y'all had a great day! I can't wait to hear stories of you out on the driveway playing basketball with your dear hubby!

I gave Chandler his card today.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Collin. What a bad sister in law I am. I didn't even call to wish him happy birthday. I did think about him though...does that count? Thanks for Chandler's card and money. He got it yesterday and he's going to call or text you his thank you as soon as I can remember to look your number up on my phone for him when he's with me! :) Richard and I were talking about you two in the car on the way to Athens this weekend about how perfect you are for one another. So happy you found him! Love ya'll!
Valoree

Jeni said...

Oooh, Ashley. I LOVE the Melting Pot. David and I went there on our first anniversary. It was the first time I had spent longer than a half hour away from Ethan since he was born (he was 3 months old on our first anniversary!), and I was a nervous wreck the whole time...it was sorta hard to enjoy myself, BUT the food was amazing, as was the company. :) That's a great birthday spot!