Friday, November 21, 2008

The Movie

If you haven't seen the Twilight movie and you aren't just busting at the seams to see it like I was, I suggest waiting until it comes out on DVD or to your local dollar theater.

The movie just doesn't stand alone. If you haven't read the book, I'm afraid it's very hard to follow. A woman beside me hadn't read the book and had no idea what was going on.

I was so afraid they would change the story-line too much, but my opinion (for whatever it's worth) is that they actually should have changed it more in order to help people understand what was going on.

I actually laughed through a lot of the parts that were supposed to be serious. I would have to say one of the biggest disappointments was that I LOVED the soundtrack, but didn't hear any of the songs in the movie. There was a lot of silence, and it was just...awkward.

I do have to admit though, Edward was HOT! There was actually a lot of eye candy, and I even found myself attracted to Charlie.

Despite all my criticism, I still have deep respect for Stephenie Meyer for all that she's written. She may not be the best writer in the world, her movie may have blown (okay that was harsh), but she can tell one heck of a story and that's more than I can say for myself.

3 comments:

The Archibald Family said...

Obviously, I haven't seen it yet, but still will see it when I get home...eventually. It appears that you are sort-of like me, I am always disappointed over the movie when based upon a novel. It always plays differently in my head. Blasen reminds me of this and says I'm just going to be disappointed, as always. We'll see. Sorry it wasn't what you thought it would be.

The Grays: said...

We thought that it was okay. The thing that I loved the most about the book was Bella's thoughts. They were absent in the movie...Oh well! Simon that it was entertaining at least...The cinematography was pretty great, I thought.

Caroline said...

As I said before! I really WISH it would have been better!