Monday, January 19, 2009

Trendy?

Let me just say that I'm usually not one to mimic the trends of Hollywood, but I just couldn't help myself.


I haven't had bangs for 15 years and I NEVER thought I'd get them again, but I have to say that I haven't felt this good about myself and this happy with my appearance in...a...long...time.
I feel chic and modern, and young.
Sure I'll flip through pictures with my children in years to come and they'll say, "Mom! What were you thinking?" But I love, love, love my hair right now and that's all that matters because hair does grow back.

So thanks to my dear friend Brittany who gave me the best haircut I've had in years (not just the bangs, but the overall cut feels amazing).

9 comments:

Natalie said...

i too couldn't resist this year and got the first set of bangs since my tragic brick wall incident where i scalped myself leaving a bald spot up front. never thought i could do them but i have them and LOVE them. i too feel hip and young.

Natalie said...

so i feel stupid now. only talked about myself. you look gorgeous in your bangs by the way. absolutely terrific!

Anonymous said...

they look awesome! chan showed me on facebook. You look so different!
val

Katy said...

you look absolutely awesome with bangs; I unfortunately did not. thankfully, like you said, hair grows back and I only had to live with my shame for about 6 weeks. course, I cut them myself, that might have had something to do with it! Good thing we live in the middle of nowhere.

heidi said...

LOVE IT!

tracyp said...

GORGEOUS!!! You look so hot and sexy. I'm guessing Colin loves it. Good for you on taking the plunge.

Ashley said...

Thanks for all the compliments!

Debbie said...

I think you look amazing, too!! I always wonder what my hair will look like as I get older. I'm too scared to make any big changes. You don't see too many old women with really long hair, but I guess your hair texture and everything changes as you get older, too.

The Archibald Family said...

Love the bangs. I try, but fail miserably. I have this horrible inherited cow-lick that makes even bangs impossible. I envy your cute hair!