Saturday, March 14, 2009


Now that Collin has told his grandmother, I guess it's safe to post it on the internet. Most of you already know this anyway, but Collin and I are expecting our first child. My due date is Sept. 25th and I am 12 weeks.

Collin went with me to my second doctor's appointment this morning to hear the heartbeat. I'm relieved to know everything looks good so far. At my previous appointment I kept asking the doctor, "But how do you know I'm pregnant?" She just laughed.

I think the sickness stage is behind me and I am thrilled about that. As bad as it was, I think I had it easy compared to some people I've talked to.
So, yeah. That's what's going on with us :)

13 comments:

Natalie said...

yeah! yeah! yeah for y'all! i'm so happy for you. congratulations

Katy said...

congratulations, ashley!!! i'm really excited for you. ooh, i'll be able to come to your baby shower because we'll be back by then!!

Elizabeth said...

Yay! So happy for you...

Thanaglim said...

lol "how do you I'm pregnant?"

congrats again!

Caroline said...

YAY! The word is out! Cute cartoon! I am so glad you are feeling a little bit better. I am so excited for you and Collin!

The Grays: said...

Congrats, again! I am so excited for you both. This baby is going to be SO beautiful considering the gene pool it's dealing with.

Anonymous said...

I hope she/he is born on the21st! Wouldn't it be cool to have 3 people in our family with that date of birth? Collin may not think so :)
Valoree

Jeni said...

Yes! September babies are the best! My due date with Ethan was Sept 22, but he came TWO weeks early on Sept 7, so watch out! It'll sneak up on you! Congratulations. Enjoy this pregnancy when you can sleep in when you want too, do nothing when you want too....it really is a once in a lifetime experience. Your next pregnancy will be VERY different. But we won't even think about that right now...let's get you through this one! Congrats to you and Collin!

Rochelle said...

Yay, congratulations!!! One of my first thoughts after reading was..."thank goodness, now she can quit her job!" You're going to be a great mom!

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! I asked the doctor that same question when I was pregnant with Olivia. I'm due Oct. 19. If you move back to the Promised Land, they can start primary together ;)

tracyp said...

CONGRATS!! I hope all goes well and you have a very UNEVENTFUL pregnancy.

Kristin and Chase said...

YAY! The news is finally out! It is going to be absolutely wonderful:)

The Archibald Family said...

Congrats. I'm just now catching up with all my blogs.