Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Girl


On May 1st, we found out we're having a little girl. The room we will use as the nursery is already a pink/purple because the people we bought the house from had a three-month-old girl and we never bothered painting over it.
Because the walls are such a bright color, I've decided to go with white bedding. I won the above 9-piece bedding set on ebay for a really good price. With the help of my dear friend, Rebecca, I plan to bring in some black accents and a chandelier. What girl's nursery would be complete without a mini-chandelier?
The only name I like to far is Bri Anne Aynes. Bri would be the entire first name and is pronounced like the cheese, "Brie" while Anne would be her middle name. Collin isn't sold on it so we're still keeping our ears out for a better name. Anyone have suggestions? My only criteria is that it can't be common! For instance I don't want her to grow up with five other...what's a common name? I don't know. How about Ashley? I went to high school with another Ashley Marie Jones. So, I don't want that to happen to her.

8 comments:

Katy said...

How exciting! I can't think of a cool, unique girl's name, but if I do, I'll let you know my suggestion. Jesse and I had the hardest time coming up with girl names. We actually never even picked Meredith until we saw her after she was born! So good luck with the whole name thing. Actually, my sister's kids have cool names. Daria, and Brianna (I know that's really close to what you already said). Brianna's name was almost Adria, though, which is cool. (that first a is long)

Thanaglim said...

Congratulations! I like that name. My hubby doesn't really have an opinion on names but I have a bunch picked out for whenever we have ours. I'd written them down in high school. I hope I can find it now that we've moved.

Oh and water aerobics is good on your body and your baby so in the voice of martha stewart "it's a good thing."

The Grays: said...

I am beyond excited for you and Colin! And, I LOVE the name...The bedding is beautiful too. Congratulations! I am glad that you are considering non-traditional names. There is nothing like having someone with the same name, like Emma (like we were considering, after my grandma). I like uniqueness. As far as other names, I like Corrine, Emmerson, Madison, Samara...

Anonymous said...

Love the bedding. So feminine (yeah I can't spell) and sweet. Can't wait to see the finished room!
Valoree

Kristin Tice said...

Well, you know my opinion. And Josh can even say "Bri" which is cool. We practiced :)

Debbie said...

Yay! Congrats! Briana was my second choice of name when I was pregnant with Bella, and I was thinking of calling her Bri for short. It's funny because all of the "unique" names are the ones that are starting to become more common these days. I had a really hard time deciding on Bella because I know a lot of people who have named their girls Isabelle or Isabella, but that's the name that I really wanted so I just had to go with it. I love the bedding set. When I bought Taylor's, I got something neutral thinking that we could use it for the next baby even if it were a boy, but that was the wrong mentality. I should have gotten something really girly, so Jared would HAVE to let me buy something new whenever we have a boy ;-)

Kristin and Chase said...

I've been waiting on this post when you announced that the baby is a girl! Yay! I like the room ideas. Chase and I never could agree on girls names so I got nothin.

heidi said...

i have TONS of name suggestions, are you ready?
1- monroe(my current ab fav)
2- esmeralda(seriously, love it)
3- britt
4- asta
5- heidi
6- everly
7- christiana(ah-nah)
8- wren(like the bird)
9- francesca
10-coral
the end.