Friday, September 18, 2009

More Beautiful than I Imagined

A friend of mine gave me the idea to use parts of my wedding dress for Bri's blessing gown. Collin's mom works with a very talented seamstress so I bought a plain blessing gown online and had this woman named Kristin cut the train off of my dress and sew it onto the blessing gown. We just got it back last night and this picture just doesn't do it justice! It's so beautiful. I cannot wait to see Bri in it.
Click on the image to make it bigger if you want to see the detail better.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That IS beautiful! Such a good idea!

Anonymous said...

It's more beautiful than anything you could have purchased. Little Bri will look like an angel in it!!!
Love, Gran-Gran

Jefferey and Victoria said...

what an awesome idea! I love it:)

Elizabeth said...

A fantastic idea!!! Love it...

Natalie said...

so gorgeous and sweet! so i have a question. was it hard to get the guts to cut your gown? i think that's adorable but even though i have no other plans for my wedding dress.... i still think it sounds hard. but so worth it in the end.

The Grays: said...

Beautiful!

Debbie said...

That's an awesome idea! I think I'd have a hard time cutting my wedding gown, too, though.

LOVE the name Bri!! That's actually one that I considered while I was pregnant with Bella... thought I might use it in the future, but..... ;-)

amrocks! said...

I LOVE that idea! :)

Kristin and Chase said...

That dress is absolutely beautiful!!!! You have to post lots of pictures when she gets blessed. Kim's mother-in-law did that for Madison and I thought it was the best idea in the world. It would have been too weird to do it for Cade..