Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's

Collin talked me into leaving Bri with my parents and going away over New Year's weekend. We left New Year's Eve and headed to Atlanta where we rode MARTA and watched the Peach Drop. It was a lot of fun. So much so that I wondered why I've never done that before having grown up only three hours away.

Even though I had fun, that night at the hotel, I thought that one night was enough to be away from Bri and I wanted desperately to just head back home the next day. I kept my mouth shut and powered through, though and by the time we made it to Asheville, NC the next day, I was enjoying my free time and just focusing on Collin. When we went to pick Bri up on the 3rd, she couldn't care less I was there so it turns out the time apart didn't hurt her and was probably good for me.

My favorite part was sleeping 8-10 hours without having to get up three nights in a row!


snow tubing in North Carolina

Atlanta fireworks on New Year's Eve

Freezing outside the Biltmore House

Collin braving the cold in front of the Biltmore House. I was huddled in front of a heater at the gift shop when this was taken.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and welcome 2010!

6 comments:

Thanaglim said...

we've lived here for 3 years and we've never done it so don't feel too bad at 3 hours away and never doing it. how about being 20 mins away? It used to be 15. Sad indeed. We just went to Six Flags last October for the first time since moving here too.

Katy said...

I am so glad you got to get away. I just spent the night away from my kids for the first time and it was like having my batteries recharged. I can't wait for Jesse and I to do something like that. That's great to get to see a peach drop. You know, down here in Mobile, it's a moon pie. I'm serious.

The Grays: said...

I love you guys bundled up! Looks like you had a ton of fun. We might steal your idea and go for Valentine's weekend. We'll see...

The Grays: said...

Oh, isn't it funny how babies don't really care that you leave them...It does get a little tricky as they older.

Anonymous said...

I need a night or two away! That sounds like lots of fun!
Valoree

Debbie said...

You are very brave to leave her so soon! I think Taylor was 13-14 mos before I spent more than one night away from her, and I still haven't spent a night away from Bella. I'm happy that you were able to get away and spend some time on yourselves ;-)