Friday, March 19, 2010

Drumroll please...

Do you remember this post? From TWO years ago?

I am proud to say that I have finished my book. Yes, you read that right. I FINISHED it.

You know what's even better? I had a good friend of mine read it and she LIKED it! Don't get me wrong, she gave me lots of great editing notes, and I have my work cut out for me.

Three years ago, I started a job right out of college and my coworker who'd just found out I was a journalism major asked me if I was ever going to write a book. I laughed at her. Me? Write a book? No way! I'm a journalism major. I like articles that have an end at a few hundred words.

I never thought that three years later, I'd have written a book. Wow...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

cool! I want to read it!

Elizabeth said...

I want to read it too! Can't wait, hope to see it published soon! :) Woot!

tracyp said...

Congrats!!!

Thanaglim said...

oh wow congrats! yeah I still haven't finished mine, I don't think I've touched it in almost a year. Congrats again!! So exciting, are you going to publish it?

The Grays: said...

That's so awesome! You definitely should copyright it and then get an agent.

Lindsay said...

Congrats! I want to read it three!

Debbie said...

so when do we get to read it? congrats on finishing!