Wednesday, April 07, 2010

6 Months and Easter

Align CenterWe went to my parent's house for Easter. All the grandkids were there and they had a big egg hunt.
All the granddaughters minus Evan.
All 11 grandchildren. Take special note to how Bri is just barely on Hudson's lap. She did good though and didn't cry once through the long picture-taking process.
As for Bri's 6 month checkup almost two weeks ago, she was 20-1/2 lbs and 26-3/4" long. Since then, she's been weighed in at 22 lbs. She's 80th percentile in height and off the charts in weight. She takes after her Mom :) I was a big, big baby, too.

Bri is really starting to become fun now as she rolls everywhere and babbles incessantly. She won't talk over anyone though, so if there are a lot of people around, she's quiet as a mouse. I think she was pretty overwhelmed at Easter. She's starting to play mimic games. My favorite discovery so far is that when I blow on her cheek and then put my cheek up to her mouth, she blows and hums on mine. The first time we did it, she laughed hysterically. She no longer thinks it's funny, but she still does it.

I can't wait to see what other surprises she has for us for the next six months.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

my friends and i were just talking about how we think chunky babies are the cutest and you've got a winner! so precious. so our theory is that big babies sleep well at night. is it true for you?

Ashley said...

Thanks. I love chunky babies too. Bri sleeps okay. She sleeps about 8hrs the first stretch of the night which would be great if she didn't go down at 7:30 or 8 and get up at 3:30 in the morning to eat. She'll go straight back to bed though for another 3-4 hours. Every now and then she'll go to bed at 10:30 and sleep until 6:30 and those days are like heaven. I can't wait until she sleep through the night completely. When did Jackson begin sleeping all night?

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love that dress! I love the "kisses" story! Those new tricks are the best!
Valoree

The Grays: said...

Ashley, Bri is absolutely the cutest! She looked SO adorable yesterday at church.