Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

Whenever I see pictures of weddings on Facebook, I have to look through them. Even if I don't know the people in the pictures, I just love seeing weddings. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Whilst Facebook stalking, I found this picture...

Notice the bride and groom front and center of the picture, and then look to the left. There's another couple being photographed after their wedding, too. And to make matters even more interesting, the two brides have on very similar dresses. (Picture quality is lacking so hopefully you can see the similarity).

This instance (which I believe occurred in Arizona) is why I enjoy living in Alabama. While I think it would be nice at times to be surrounded by a heavier LDS population, I do enjoy the smallish temple we have in Birmingham. And I especially enjoyed having my wedding day as my own.

8 comments:

heidi said...

i specifically chose to get married in the bountiful temple because i wanted to be the big star of the day. and i was. everyone fussed over me and i had the bride's room all to myself. it was wonderful. when one of my brother's got married in salt lake, there were 65 other sealings going on that day. i chose wisely.

Elizabeth said...

Yep, that's the Mesa temple...pretty common, especially on a Saturday, for there to be 6 or 7 wedding groups out front at the same time...

Natalie said...

i attended my brother in laws wedding in slc it was the same if not worse as far as number of weddings a day. i had been asked to wear a shade of green that she'd picked out. we were all wearing different dresses but the one i was wearing was the same as all of the bridesmaids for the wedding after hers. people kept getting confused with who was part of which wedding. also both brides were wearing green shoes with their dress. ....just when you thought you were unique!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Yeah, that's why I got married on a Tuesday afternoon! I've heard SLC is horrible, but I was the only bride. bummer for those girls...

The Grays: said...

I agree! I love the south for that reason. We were married in the Atlanta temple and there was only one other person getting married that day and it was before mine! It's nice to feel like the time is just for you...

Kristin Tice said...

Well I got married on a Thursday night in December and we were not alone :( Not to rain on your parade, b/c I do agree.