Thursday, July 01, 2010

9 Months

Collin just took Bri to her 9-month check-up. I've been on the verge of tears all morning as this is the first doctor's appointment Bri's had without me. I know she is in good hands. I'm not tearful for her sake, but for mine!

For those of you who don't know, two weeks ago, I started back at work full-time. It was supposed to be temporary but is looking more and more like a permanent change. It's hard to spend so much time away from Bri, but it is comforting to know she is in the gentle and loving hands of her father.

Bri's just over 24 pounds and 29 inches long. Around the 100th percentile for weight and the 87th for height. We've quickly and unexpectedly adapted the nickname "Bri-Bri" for her and that's what she responds to best.

She's army crawling in full-force these days and can be quite fast! Her interest in real crawling is fading as she's learned to hold onto objects and stand up on her own. She can't pull up yet but is very close, and loves to hold onto us as we help her walk around. I wouldn't be surprised if she's walking before her first birthday.

Her nurses at the hospital when she was born were right that she has a temper. The older she gets, the more predominant it becomes. One minute, she's screaming her head off and you think she's in real pain. Crocodile tears stream down her face. And then, the moment she gets what she wants, a switch turns off and she's completely fine. Collin says she gets this from me, though I object.

She smiles more often and more easily these days and is friendly to strangers. She has only ever cried once when I let strangers hold her.

I am so proud to be her Mom and she has brought such happiness into our home. I can't believe that in three short months, we will be throwing her 1 Year birthday party.

4 comments:

tracyp said...

I'm happy for y'all that in the middle of this tough time for your family Bri is lucky enough to still have one parent at home taking care of her!

The Grays: said...

Bri is very blessed to have such a great mom, that is willing to sacrifice "mommy time" during the day to support the family! She is going to be SO proud of you when she hears of your sacrifice when she gets older. Giuliana seems to have the same temperament as Bri:-)

Caroline said...

WHat a sweet update on little Bri! I am so glad I got to see her this weekend!

Kristin and Chase said...

I can't believe she is already 9 months and is mobile!! It's been way too long since I've seen her!