Thursday, October 14, 2010

A few days ago, I commented on a blog post of a friend saying that I couldn't believe her son, who is a week or so younger than Bri, can already walk and clap. Well, I should have known that kids being kids, it wouldn't take Bri long at all to catch up. Last weekend, she started walking a little more without holding onto things, so I began refusing to hold her hands when she walked, telling her "You don't need me. You can do it by yourself." And sure enough, in just a few days, she's now walking, and walking well.

Also, I came home one day from work to find her clapping along to songs, and it didn't take long for me to teach her to high-five. I love this stage and how quickly she's able to catch onto things.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

way to go, Bri!!! That's exciting. I like walking way more than crawling.

The Grays: said...

YAY, congrats Bri! Isn't it great having an independent child :-)

Caroline said...

oh how fun! I Can't wait to see her walking around! Isn't is amazing how they change everyday?

Kristin and Chase said...

Yay for not having to bend down and hold her hands all the time!! hehe